- A Software Insider's Point of View - http://blog.softwareinsider.org -
Monday’s Musings: Trends In The Top Software Insider Posts of 2012 (#softwareinsider)
Posted By R "Ray" Wang On January 3, 2013 @ 11:17 In 3rd party maintenance,Constellation Research,Contract Negotiations,customer engagement,customer experience,customer experience management,Customer Hubs,Data2Decisions,disruptive,disruptive technologies,disruptive technology,enterprise applications,enterprise apps,Enterprise apps strategy,Enterprise Business Apps,Enterprise Business Apps Vendors,Enterprise Class,Enterprise Software,enterprise strategy,future of work,IBM,Infor,informatica,license fees,license management,license policy,Market Maker 1:1,master data management,Matrix Commerce,mergers,mergers and acquisitions,Microsoft,Microsoft Dynamics,Monday's Musings,News Analysis,Next Gen C-Suite,next gen cio,next generation,Next generation apps,Next Generation Customer Experience,NextGen,Oracle,P2P,Privacy Rights,R "Ray" Wang;,Research Report,Research Summary,rwang0,SalesForce.com,SAP,SAP HANA,SAS,SAS Institute,social analytics,Social Business,Social CRM,Software Insider,software licensing,software licesing and pricing,software mainteance,software maintenance,software ownership lifecycle,software pricing,software vendors,SoftwareInsider,Technology Optimization,Technology policy,techoptimization,third party maintenancce,Thursday's Thanks,Tuesday's Tip,used software,user conference,user event,user experience,user group events,user groups,user strategy,vendor events,vendor strategy,Washington Ideas Forum | No Comments
Thank You For Your Support
SoftwareInsider.org generated almost 10 million page views in 2012 (see Figure 1). This does not include syndication through Constellation Research, Forbes (discontinued in 2012), Enterprise Irregulars, Computerworld UK, and other great media partners.
Figure 1. Software Insider Achieved 9.8M Page Views for 2012
Classic Posts Address The Key Fundamentals In The Disruptive Technology Shift
Four posts have made the all time favorite list and address the 5 consumer technology forces  that influence enterprise software.
2012 Top 40 Reflects A Broader Shift To Business Outcomes And Technology Adoption
Analyst Relations and the World of Influence - The top blog post of 2013 discussed the future of the industry analyst versus legacy analyst firms.
Consumerization of Technology and The New C-Suite – The impact of technology on the C-suite has never been greater. As business strategy relies more on technology, CMOs, CFOs, and other line of business heads can expect to work more closely with the CIOs and CTOs.
Data to Decisions- Big data took the market by storm in 2012. 2013 will be more about how to go from data to decisions as organizations hope to move from insight to decision management.
Digital Marketing Transformation- The shift to digital from analog has hit marketing. How CMO’s move to support new digital marketing techniques focus on the technology and policies required for success.
The Future of Work - Where you work, what you work on, when you work, and why you work are changing. A key area has been social business and the impact on performance and getting work done.
Matrix Commerce – A new paradigm has shifted around the buyer. These buyer centric models drive the future of commerce as payment options, channels, demand signals, supply chains, frictionless enablers, and big data converge.
Next Generation Customer Experience – An overwhelming series of posts focused on transforming customer experiences. This new world of customer experience is changing expectations and influencing customer interactions.
Tech Optimization and Innovation – Saving money on the cost of technology ownership drove most of the top posts for 2013.
Technology Policy and Channels – The Washington Ideas Forum garnered the most interest along with consumer privacy.
Mergers and Acquisitions – Kana, Oracle and IFS acquisitions raised the most interest in 2012.
Executive Profiles – Brad Smith of Intuit and Randy Guard of SAS Institute took top slots in these profiles on Cloud Computing and Social Business.
What was your favorite post of 2012? Are you ready for 2013? Submit for the 2013 SuperNova Awards at SuperNovaAwards (at) ConstellationRG (dot) com 
Please let us know if you need help with developing your disruptive technology adoption strategy.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 – 2013 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales  team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience!
Article printed from A Software Insider's Point of View: http://blog.softwareinsider.org
URL to article: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2013/01/03/mondays-musings-trends-in-the-top-software-insider-posts-of-2013-softwareinsider/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: https://twitter.com/share
 Image: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/08/07/event-report-hrtech-preview-w-bill-kutik/r-wang-640x480-11/
 Image: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2013/01/03/mondays-musings-trends-in-the-top-software-insider-posts-of-2013-softwareinsider/screen-shot-2013-01-06-at-12-25-42-am/
 5 consumer technology forces: http://blog.softwareinsider.org http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2010/10/04/mondays-musings-how-the-five-consumer-tech-macro-pillars-influence-enterprise-software-innovation/
 Image: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2013/01/03/mondays-musings-trends-in-the-top-software-insider-posts-of-2013-softwareinsider/screen-shot-2013-01-14-at-11-20-29-am/
 Research Report: The 18 Use Cases of Social CRM and The New Rules of Relationship Management: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2010/03/05/research-report-the-18-use-cases-of-social-crm-the-new-rules-of-relationship-management/
 Tuesday’s Tip: Understanding the Many Flavors of Cloud Computing: http:///blog.softwareinsider.org/2010/03/22/tuesdays-tip-understanding-the-many-flavors-of-cloud-computing-and-saas/
 Best Practices: Five Simple Rules for Social Business: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2010/12/16/best-practices-five-simple-rules-for-social-business/
 1. Event Report: IIAR UK Forum – The Future of the Industry Analyst (Legacy vs Disruptive): http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/26/event-report-iiar-uk-forum-the-future-of-the-industry-analyst-legacy-vs-disruptive/
 7. Trends: The Battle For CMO Mind Share: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/08/02/trends-the-battle-for-cmo-mind-share/
 13. Monday’s Musings: Why Are Innovative CIOs Betting Less On Cloud And Virtualization?: https://ac.mediatemple.net/services/manage/grid/reports/urchin/289755/softwareinsider.org/blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/02/best-practices-from-first-to-worst-continental-in-a-post-united-world-lessons-in-next-gen-customer-experience/
 21. Monday’s Musings: Understand the Four Personas Of Disruptive Tech Adoption : http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/12/02/mondays-musings-understand-the-four-personas-of-disruptive-tech-adoption/
 22. Quark Summary: What CFO’s Need To Know About SaaS And Cloud Integration: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/04/30/quark-summary-what-cfos-need-to-know-about-saas-and-cloud-integration/
 25.Quark Summary: What Every CMO Needs To Know About The Five C’s of Customer Engagement: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/08/quark-summary-what-every-cmo-needs-to-know-about-the-five-cs-of-customer-engagement/
 11. Tuesday’s Tip: Why Context Matters – Forget Real Time, Achieve Right Time: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/07/24/tuesdays-tip-why-context-matters-forget-real-time-achieve-right-time/
 19. Friday’s Features: Using Attensity 6.0 To Compare Customer Sentiment For United, Southwest Air, and Virgin America: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/05/18/fridays-features-using-attensity-analyze-6-0-to-compare-customer-sentiment-for-united-southwestair-virginamerica/
 20.Tuesday’s Tip: The Big Question In Big Data Is… What’s The Question?: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/06/19/tuesdays-tip-the-big-question-in-big-data-is-whats-the-question/
 38. Executive Profiles: Disruptive Tech Leaders In Social Business – Randy Guard, SAS Institute: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/01/19/executive-profiles-disruptive-tech-leaders-in-social-business-randy-guard-sas-institute/
 39. News Analysis: Tidemark Gains 24M in Series C Funding, Redpoint Ventures Leads Round : http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/01/18/news-analysis-tidemark-gains-24m-in-series-c-funding-redpoint-ventures-leads-round/
 9. Monday’s Musings: The New Engagement Platform Drives The Shift From Transactions: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/08/27/mondays-musings-the-new-engagement-platform-drives-the-shift-from-transactions/
 30. Monday’s Musings: Why Customers and Prospects Expect Clearer Rules About Content Marketing: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/02/20/mondays-musings-why-customers-and-prospects-expect-clearer-rules-about-content-marketing/
 15. Monday’s Musings: Avoiding Social Media Fatigue Through Engagement: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/05/21/mondays-musing-avoiding-social-media-fatigue-through-engagement/
 23. News Analysis: The Implications Of Oracle’s Acquisition of Taleo: http://softwareinsider.org/blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/02/best-practices-from-first-to-worst-continental-in-a-post-united-world-lessons-in-next-gen-customer-experience/
 35. Tuesday’s Tip: Dealing With The Real Problem In Social Business Adoption: The People: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/06/12/tuesdays-tip-dealing-with-the-real-problem-in-social-business-adoption-the-people/
 2. Best Practices: From First To Worst – Continental In A Post United World, Lessons Learned In Customer Experience: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/02/best-practices-from-first-to-worst-continental-in-a-post-united-world-lessons-in-next-gen-customer-experience/
 4. News Analysis: Kana Enters MidMarket With Trinicom Acquisition: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/04/25/news-analysis-kana-enters-midmarket-with-trinicom-acquisition/
 14. News Analysis: Lithium Technologies Add $53M In Financing: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/01/05/news-analysis-lithium-technologies-adds-53m-in-financing/
 16. Product Review: SAPs Recalls App – The Cross Over From Enterprise To Consumer Begins: http://blog.softwareinsider.orghtpp://softwareinsider.org/blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/02/best-practices-from-first-to-worst-continental-in-a-post-united-world-lessons-in-next-gen-customer-experience/
 24. Event Report: Lithium Network Conference 2012 (LINC): http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/05/09/event-report-lithium-network-conference-2012-linc/
 26. Event Report: Clarabridge Customer Connections 2012: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/04/09/event-report-clarabridge-customer-connections-2012-cbc312/
 29. News Analysis: Informatica Launches MDM 9.5: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/05/15/news-analysis-informatica-launches-mdm-9-5/
 33. Research Summary: Best Practices – Consolidated CRM Deployments Drive Paths To Modernization and Social CRM #SCRM: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/02/13/research-summary-best-practices-consolidated-crm-deployments-drive-paths-to-modernization-and-social-crm-scrm/
 40. Event Report: Dreamforce X (#df12) Emergees As The South By Southwest (#SXSW) For The Enterprise : http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/09/23/event-report-dreamforce-x-df12-emerges-as-the-south-by-southwest-sxsw-for-the-enterprise/
 6. Quark Summary: Does SAP HANA Change Your Database Strategy For SAP Apps: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/04/18/quark-summary-does-sap-hana-change-your-database-strategy-for-sap-apps/
 13. Monday’s Musings: Why Are Innovative CIOs Betting Less On Cloud And Virtualization?: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/05/07/mondays-musings-why-are-innovative-cios-betting-less-on-cloud-and-virtualization/
 17. Tuesday’s Tip: Five Cloud/SaaS Contract Negotiation Tips For 2012: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/07/04/news-analysis-usedsoft-vs-oracle-ruling-opens-up-monopolistic-practices-by-software-vendors/
 28. Research Summary: Three Simple Software Maintenance Strategies That Can Save You Millions: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/18/research-summary-best-practices-three-simple-software-maintenance-strategies-that-can-save-you-millions/
 31. News Analysis: Spinnaker Expands JD Edwards Support With Versytec Acquisition : http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/03/25/news-analysis-spinnaker-expands-jd-edwards-support-with-versytec-acquisition/
 : http://blog.softwareinsider.org http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/08/21/tuesdays-tip-act-now-to-leave-the-door-open-for-sap-third-party-maintenance-options/
 3. Event Report: Washington Ideas Forum Highlights America’s Current Challenges In Technology Policy : http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/11/15/event-report-washington-ideas-forum-ideasforum-highlights-americas-current-challenges/comment-page-1/
 : http://blog.softwareinsider.org http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/07/11/event-report-microsofts-worldwide-partner-conference-2012-wpc12/
 5. Executive Profiles: Disruptive Tech Leaders In Cloud Computing – Brad Smith, Intuit: http://blog.softwareinsider.org/2012/02/02/executive-profiles-disruptive-tech-leaders-in-cloud-computing-%e2%80%93-brad-smith-intuit/
 SuperNovaAwards (at) ConstellationRG (dot) com: mailto:email@example.com
 R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org: mailto:R@SoftwareInsider.org
 R (at) ConstellationRG (dot) com: mailto:R@ConstellationRG.com
 full client list: http://constellationrg.com/about/clients
 Constellation Research website: http://www.constellationrg.com/clients
 Sales: mailto:sales@ConstellationRG.com
Copyright © 2003-2010. R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC. A Software Insider's Point of View. All rights reserved.