Infosys Puts Its Best Foot Forward
Constellation attended Infosys’ 2013 Global Analyst Summit from July 29th to July 30th in Boston. Despite the below industry average growth of the previous year, conversations with key executives and top customers indicate an imminent shift. In fact, Infosys has added 100+clients not including customers from Lodestone. Retention is 98% for about 800 clients. The client list includes more than half of the Fortune 500. Repeat business is between 95 to 96%. Most clients represent the top 5 or top 10 of each major industry. All is not gloom and doom.
While Core Business Is Solid, Non-Body Count Growth Is the Long Term Challenge
Consequently, Infosys faces a similar challenge all global IT services firms must overcome – remaining relevant with clients facing business model disruption and a rapid pace of change. In one-on-one conversations with:
- S.D. Shibulal – Co-founder, Member of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
- Vishnu Bhat – Vice President and Global Head, Cloud
- Paul Gottsegen – Chief Marketing Officer
- Sanjay Purohit – Senior Vice President and Head of Products, Platforms, & Solutions
- Suketu Patel – VP, Head of Strategic Global Sourcing
- and several key customers in banking, consumer packaged goods, healthcare, high tech, and retail
At the Global Analyst Summit and through client conversations over the past 6 months, Constellation gained insights in how Infosys is addressing their client’s challenges. Both the Infosys executives and the clients recognize that Infosys must make significant market shift and take the lead in co-innovating and co-creating intellectual property.
Infosys 3.0 Is Alive And Well And Part Of The Required DNA Transformation