Informatica Launches Vibe, A Virtual Data Machine For New Business Models
At Informatica World 2013 in Las Vegas, Informatica announced the Vibe Virtual Data Machine (VDM). The VDM consists of 4 parts and an SDK (see Figure 1):
- Transformation library contains pre-built libraries for actions such as combine, transform, cleans, match and mask.
- Optimizer enables effective resource usage and efficient run-time.
- Executor is the run-time execution engine.
- Connectors provide access to multiple upstream and down stream data source.
- Vibe SDK enables a partner ecosystem.
Figure 1. Inside Vibe, the Virtual Data Machine
The VDM release is significant because Vibe: