FinancialForce Debuts Its Full ERP Suite
On February 19th, San Francisco headquartered, FinancialForce.com announced the launch of its full suite of ERP offerings built on the Salesforce1 platform. Backed by investments from UNIT4 and Salesforce.com, the cloud based vendor began as a single ledger financial management system built on the Salesforce.com Force.com platform. The announcement and product launch shows how FinancialForce:
- Delivers a full ERP suite on the Salesforce1 platform. The platform brings together a series of organic products and recent acquisitions in HR, supply chain, and project management (see Figure 1). The December 2010 acquisition of Appirio’s professional services automation assets form the Professional Services Automation offering. The 2013 acquisitions of Vana Workforce and Less Software brought the human capital management (HCM) and supply chain management (SCM) capabilities.
Point of View (POV): The management team at FinacialForce.com was smart to bring in acquisitions built on the original Force.com platform. Post merger integration was greatly simplified as the products shared a common architectural base. More importantly, the acquired solutions were easily upgraded to the Salesforce1 platform to create an end to end ERP cloud based ERP suite. Customers gain the full advantages of the Salesforce 1 platform and integration with the core Salesforce CRM offerings.
- Demonstrates focus on long term growth and viability . FinancialForce.com showed 80% year over year growth in revenue run-rate compared to 2012. Headcount grew 62% year over year with over 260 global employees. Furthermore, customers represent a global base with 27 countries and users in 45 countries.
(POV): Cloud has gone mainstream and customers now expect their cloud companies to demonstrate viability. The mergers and acquisitions required to build a full cloud ERP suite signal a maturity by FinancialForce.com and the market. Early customers of the full suite provide positive references on both the synergies of the ERP offering and the flexibility of the Salesforce1 platform for extensibility.
Figure 1. FinancialForce.com Launches A Full Integrated ERP Suite
The Bottom Line: Cloud Apps Consolidate As Customer Interest Increases
As cloud adoption continues to accelerate, customers must battle a host of challenges with best of breed point solutions in the market. As with the on-premises applications world, the need for master data, common integration points, business process harmonization, upgrade compatibility, and identity still remain as challenges in the cloud world. Integrated best of breed cloud suites have an inherent advantage over point solutions. Hence, further consolidation will occur as customers expect a seamless experience. In FinancialForce.com case, the integration at the platform level provides as seamless integration to Salesforce as possible in the market. This recent development now puts FinancialForce.com in similar short list with Acumatica, Epicor, Microsoft Dynamics, and NetSuite for end to end cloud suites for the two-tier and mid-market. Based on hundreds of conversations with buyers, expect the next stage of cloud mergers and acquisitions to focus on analytics solutions as current offerings only provide simple reporting.
Are you looking at ERP and CRM replacement? Do you need specialized requirements for your industry? How are you doing this today? Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) com.
Please let us know if you need help with vendor selection efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Designing a next gen apps strategy
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- News Analysis: Acumatica Raises $10M In Series C Funding, Aims For 1B In Revenue By 2023
- News Analysis: Aptean Six Months After The CDC Software And Consona Merger
- Slide Share: The CMO vs CIO – Pathways To Collaboration
- Event Report: Seven Trends From This Year’s Human Resources Technology Conference 2013 (#HRTechConf)
- Event Report: Metaio’s #InsideAR Conference Hails The Future Of An Always On, Always Augmented Reality
- Event Report: CRM Evolution 2013 – Seven Trends In The Return To Digital Business And Customer Centricity
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
- News Analysis: Kana Express 13 Addresses Omni-Channel Customer Service for Mid-Market
- News Analysis: Oracle’s Cloud Strategy – Revisionist History or Cloud Genius?
- News Analysis: The Vibe On Informatica’s Virtual Data Machine
- Monday’s Musings: The Controversy Surrounding Gartner’s CRM Market Share Analysis
- Research Summary: Constellation Cosmos – Cloud Bill of Rights for SaaS Apps, Actian and Netsuite Achieve Epic Status
- Executive Profiles: Kirill Tatarinov, President Microsoft Business Solutions
- Event Report: Microsoft Dynamics Convegence 2013 (#conv13)
- Event Report: Customers Very Happy At Ultimate Connections 2013 (#ulticonnect)
- Event Report: Informatica Analyst Day Reveals A Growth Strategy
- Trends: Seven Priorities In The Shift From CMO to Chief Digital Officer
- News Analysis: Adobe Behances The Creative Class With $150M Community Acquisition
- Market Maker 1:1: Steve Miranda, Oracle Fusion Applications Update – The Inside Story
- Monday’s Musings: Understand The Four Organizational Personas Of Disruptive Tech Adoption
- Event Report: IFS World Conference 2012 – Innovations Abound Beyond ERP (#IFSWoCo2012)
- News Analysis: SnapLogic Snaps Up $20M In Series C Funding For Cloud Integration
- Event Report: The Day 0 & Day 1 Tweet Stream From #OOW12
- Event Report: The Tweet Stream From #DF12
- Event Report: Dreamforce X (#DF12) Emerges As The South By Southwest (#SXSW) For The Enterprise
- News Analysis: Epicor Acquires Solarsoft, Moves Closer To $1B in Annual Revenues
- Monday’s Musings: The New Engagement Platform Drives The Shift From Transactions
- News Analysis: KANA Enters MidMarket With Trinicom Acquisition
- Best Practices: From First To Worst – Continental In A Post United World, Lessons In Next Gen Customer Experience
- Monday’s Musings: Seven Basic Privacy Rights Users Should Demand For Social Business
- Monday’s Musings: Balancing The Six S’s In Consumerization Of IT
- Monday’s Musings: A Working Vendor Landscape For Social Business
- Product Review: Google+, Consumerization of IT, and Crossing The Chasm For Enterprise Social Business
- Monday’s Musings: Using MDM To Build A Complete Customer View In A Social Era
- Monday’s Musings: Mastering When and How High End Brands Should Use Daily Deal Sites Such As Groupon
- Best Practices: Applying Social Business Challenges To Social Business Maturity Models
- Research Summary: Software Insider’s Top 25 Posts For 2010
- Best Practices: Five Simple Rules For Social Business
- Research Report: How The Five Pillars Of Consumer Tech Influence Enterprise Innovation
- Research Report: Next Gen B2B and B2C E-Commerce Priorities Reflect Macro Level Trends
- Tuesday’s Tip: Applying The Five Stages Of Adoption Towards SCRM Projects
- Monday’s Musings: Avoiding Failure In Social CRM Projects Requires Ecosystem Coordination
- Research Report: The 18 Use Cases of Social CRM – The New Rules of Relationship Management
- Monday’s Musings: Why Every Social CRM Initiative Needs An MDM Backbone
- Monday’s Musings: 10 Essential Elements For Social Enterprise Apps
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy, stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 – 2014 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience!