New Ai Ki Dō Service Offerings Provide A High Potential Path To Growth For Clients
On August 20th, 2015, Infosys announced a set of new service offerings to help organizations jump start growth. Organized into three areas and named Ai Ki Dō, the approach addresses design driven initiatives, knowledge based IT, and platforms.
Here’s the analysis on the three new service line offerings:
- Design driven initiatives bring new ideas to clients. 道 – dō – a way or path houses the strategic design consulting, transformational digital experience and enablement of the future work force. Customers can expect this service line to use design thinking to industrialize innovation for customers.
Point of View (POV): Success will require the company to tap into its workforce’s creativity to deliver on imagination, innovation, and design driven services. With 40,000 employees already trained on design thinking, the early embracement of this methodology, is a strong start and differentiator in the market.
- Knowledge based IT drives optimization and renewal . 気 – ki – spirit, energy, mood, morale describes how this service line assesses technology landscapes against KB principles. The goal – develop a target model,apps and services portfolio, and road map for clients. In addition, this service line focuess on business consolidation, technology workforce demographic transitions, and knowledge based optimization.
(POV): At first glance, this service line shares many existing capabilities and appears to be a repackage. However, this service lines captures knowledge using machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI), simplifies existing applications with cloud technology, automates using dev ops, creates immersive experiences with API’s around the core, and facilitates rapid development of IP. The result – simplification and streamlining of existing landscapes with a goal towards renewal. More importantly, this reduces time to value for new production of value added apps and services.
- Platforms provide clients with an agile delivery model. 合 – ai – joining, unifying, combining, fit captures how design driven and knowledge based IT solutions will be delivered to clients. Based on open technologies, these platforms provide key building blocks to build new solutions.
(POV): Existing platforms such as Infosys Intelligence Platform (IIP) and others will live in this new service line. Service automation, KBIT, engineering services, mobile platform, and other apps platform will come here. One can expect Infosys to invest R&D to develop these platforms as well as augment with acquisitions to improve time to market.
Enclosed is a video analysis of the announcement (see Figure 1).
Figure 1. Video Analysis Of The New Infosys AiKiDo Service Offerings
News Analysis: Infosys launches Ai Ki Do service offreings from Constellation Research on Vimeo.
The Bottom Line: Infosys Service Lines Reflect Boardroom Priorities
In Constellation’s surveys of the C-Suite, the results are clear. Organizations face a chaotic technology and business land scape just as chaos increases around changing business models, disruptive technologies, and non-traditional competitors. In this chaos, clients lack a clear direction on how to grow culture, mission, spirit, and of course profits. How Infosys has chosen to launch these three service lines, reflects a design point to not only help clients deliver on strategy and innovation, but also facilitate technology optimization and enable agile platforms required for digital transformation.
What do you think of the new service lines? As an Infosys customer, will you consider this approach? As a potential customer, do you like this approach? Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org.
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- News Analysis: Infosys One-Year After Vishal Sikka August 4, 2015
- News Analysis: Infosys Lands SAP’s Former CTO, Vishal Sikka, As New CEO
- News Analysis: SAP’s CTO Vishal Sikka Resigns, What Does It Mean For SAP Customers?
- Event Report: Infosys Global Analyst Summit – Awaiting The Post Infosys 3.0 Emergence
- Research Report: Buyers Want Outcomes. Are Indian IT Services Firms Ready?
- News Analysis: Mr. N R Narayana Murthy Returns To Infosys As Executive Chairman of the Board
- News Analysis: Infosys Buys Lodestone for $350M
- News Analysis: @Oracle Announces Agreement To Acquire Marketing Cloud A/B Testing Firm @Maxymiser August 20, 2015
- News Analysis: @Infor Acquires @GTNexus for $675M August 11, 2015
- News Analysis: Inside Alphabet – G Is For Google August 10, 2015
- News Analysis: Infosys One-Year After Vishal Sikka August 4, 2015
- Event Report: Sage Summit 2015 Shows A Refocus On The Future Of The SMB Customer July 29, 2015
- News Analysis: Inside The Rationale Behind @LinkedIn Turning Off Its CSV Connections Download Tool July 25, 2015
- News Analysis: How @LinkedIn Is Creating A Personal Data Hostage Crisis For Its Users July 25, 2015
- Tuesday’s Tip: Apply For A SuperNova Award – Recognize Leaders In Digital Business July 21, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 10 From Disrupting Digital Business – Segment By Digital Proficiency Not Age July 12, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 9 From Disrupting Digital Business – Deliver Intention Driven, Mass Personalization At Scale July 2, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 8 From Disrupting Digital Business – Democratize Distribution With P2P Networks June 22, 2015
- Webinar Invite: Delivering on Continuity – The Future of Marketing June 15, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 7 From Disrupting Digital Business – Humanize Digital With Digital Artisans June 14, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 6 From Disrupting Digital Business – Win With Network Economies June 10, 2015
- Product Review: Two Apple Watch Enterprise Apps Launched With IMS Health Life Sciences Wearable Platform June 7, 2015
- Event Report: Zuora’s #Subscribed15 Shows How Organizations Can Power Their Digital Transformation Initiatives May 31, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 5 From Disrupting Digital Business – Build For Insight Streams May 31, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 4 From Disrupting Digital Business – Know That Data Is The Foundation May 25, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 3 From Disrupting Digital Business – Sell The Smallest Unit You Can May 17, 2015
- Webinar Invite: Disrupting Digital Business – The Customer Experience Imperative May 16, 2015
- Quips: Networked Economy Models Emerge Should Verizon Gain Approval To Acquire AOL May 12, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 2 From Disrupting Digital Business – Keep Brand Promises In An Attention Economy May 10, 2015
- Research Summary: The Correct Way to Use Customer Data May 6, 2015
- Event Report: Insights Into The New NetSuite At SuiteWorld 2015 May 9, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 1 From Disrupting Digital Business May 3, 2015
- Personal Log: Read Chapter One of Disrupting Digital Business April 22, 2015
- Press Release: Registration Opens for Inaugural Constellation Digital Disruption Tour April 16, 2015
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy,stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website. * Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt. Copyright © 2001 -2015 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved. Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience.