A 10-Minute Preview Video Interview Of The Digital Business Disruption Ahead From The #NASSCOM_ILF Team
On January 17th, 2014, the NASSCOM team interviewed Constellation Research about the digital disruption ahead. The short 10 minute video covers key topics including:
- Convergence of the five pillars of digital business drive the current digital disruption. The end of social, mobile, analytics, cloud, and UC (i.e. SMAC) as you know it.
- The new ecosystems of digital business bring new opportunities. From GE’s industrial internet to mass personalization at scale, to augmented humanity, Constellation sees a new future beyond the traditional software ecosystems.
- Everyone vs Amazon is becoming a reality. Insights on why everyone is competing with Amazon not only in retail, but also in the cloud, physical distribution, and media.
- Mergers and acquisitions in software signal a maturing industry category. Large enterprise software companies no longer innovate fast enough and have to purchase startups for IP and growth.
- Mobile first and cloud first drive key success factors. Constellation sees the need to move to mobile first in order to innovate and move at the speed of digital business change.
- Service providers must focus on a higher stack. IT services firms traditionally deliver operations, maintenance, and transfer. However the value add and higher margins are in design and build.
- Preview of the Constellation Futurist Framework. Using a PESTEL model, Constellation provides a sneak peak in some of the big 2014 futurist trends.
VIDEO: The Digital Business Disruption Previw
<iframe width=”600″ height=”400″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/8LC_VhGSd0s” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Bottom Line: The Shift To Digital Business Disruption Will Forever Transform The Service Provider Landscape
Digital business disruption present an opportunity and threat to IT Services firms. Many IT services providers may not move fast enough and may fail. Others will take on the challenge to create new business models. The shift requires IT Services firms to move in five areas from:
- Service based businesses to IP based businesses
- Care taker offerings to co-creation and co-innovation offerings
- Top ranked partners of other vendors to leaders attracting partners into self-created ecosystems
- Engineering and scientific approaches to multidisciplinary and humanities based creativity
- Solution orientation to business model transformation
These shifts represent the basic foundation required to change the digital DNA of the company culture and also how the IT Service providers engage with their clients. Leaders can expect 2014 to herald the beginning of the next transformation.
Are you attending CES? If so, what trends do you see impacting your brand or your enterprise? Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org.
Please let us know if you need help with your Digital Business transformation efforts. Here’s how we can assist:
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- News Analysis: New #IBMWatson Business Group Heralds The Commercialization Of Cognitive Computing. Ready For Augmented Humanity?
- Harvard Business Review: What a Big Data Business Model Looks Like
- Monday’s Musings: How The Five Consumer Tech Macro Pillars Influence Enterprise Software Innovation
- Tuesday’s Tip: Understand The Five Generation Of Digital Workers And Customers
- Monday’s Musings: The Chief Digital Officer In The Age Of Digital Business
- Slide Share: The CMO vs CIO – Pathways To Collaboration
- Event Report: CRM Evolution 2013 – Seven Trends In The Return To Digital Business And Customer Centricity
- News Analysis: Sitecore Acquires Commerce Server In Quest Towards Customer Experience Management
- News Analysis: Salesforce 1 Signals Support For Digital Business at #DF13
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy, stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 -2014 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience