IMSHealthWear 1.00 Gives IMS Health First Mover Advantage In Wearable Form Factors And Apps For Healthcare Customer Experience
The rise and success of wearables such as the Apple Watch may not come as a surprise. Constellation estimates that Apple sold 7.25 million units to date with the potential to deliver up to 43.50 million units by end of 2015. While the consumer side of the AppleWatch launch generated a lot of buzz, demand, and innovation, the disruption on the enterprise side has been limited to a few players such as SAP, IBM, Oracle, Salesforce.com and Zoho. With other wearables moving beyond a watch, customers seek new solutions and platforms that take advantage of these new form factors.
The June 8th, 2015, launch of IMSHealthWear 1.00 signifies an early breakthrough for wearables in enterprise healthcare. The launch of two new apps for the AppleWatch take advantage of the wearables form factor as well as introduce a platform to serve a broader set of wearables in the future (see Figure 1).
- IMS MGRWear focuses on team, groups, and partners. Key features include smart and immediate tracking, access to aggregated and integrated sales data, immediate approvals and task routing, platform based security and performance, 360 degree view of territory performance. Managers can view rep performance, drill in on key performance indicators, and even approve expense reports.
- IMS REPWear empowers sales reps. Key features include smart and immediate routing, access to aggregated and integrated sales data, secure document distribution, platform based security and performance, complete access to customer data. Reps can easily access their calendar, make calls from the phone, respond to short messages, receive alerts on their accounts, and quickly retrieve customer information.
The road map for the five total apps have a planned general availability for Q1 2016.
Figure 1. The IMSHealthWear Life Sciences Wearable Platform Line Up
Form Follows Function In Wearables
With a screen size of 272 x 340 pixels for the 38mm version and 312 x 390 for the 42 mm version on the Apple Watch, the initial set of solutions provide another form factor for sales reps and managers. Design of the existing apps take advantage of ambient notifications, the ability to access quick bites of information, and respond to quick tasks. With the wearable apps running on the same platform as the core IMS solution, users do not have to worry about a separate technology stack to support the product. Expect future wearable solutions to focus on three main themes: simplifying complex tasks, reducing the process time, and capturing attention when needed (see Figure 2).
Figure 2. The IMSHealthWear 1.00 Launch Includes 5 Apple Watch Apps And A Platform
Source: IMS Health
The Bottom Line: New Wearables Platform Shows Innovation Is Alive And Well Post-Merger
The acquisition of Cegedim by IMS Health brought together strategic assets required for a network economy. As one of the key rules in disrupting digital business, successful organizations must bring the content, network, and technology together to create successful business models in the digital era. IMS Health brought significant content through its insights business and a strong network of providers, payors, and other health care professionals. Cegedim brought the technology to the table.
As with all acquisitions, clients often fear the stifling of incremental and transformational innovation post merger. With the deal closed in April 2015, the arrival of a wearables platform two months post merger presents a pleasant surprise to customers and prospects. More importantly, IMS Health is inviting customers to pilot the new apps, and join the consortium of Life Science customers and wearable manufacturers to build the next set of apps.
The new apps when delivered, should help every individual inside an organization to quickly access insight and more importantly speed up decision making. As often said in the digital world, success equates to saving time or capturing one’s attention. The new IMSHealthWear apps when launched as promised should take a strong step in this direction.
Are you in the midst of digital transformation? Have you looked at how the Apple Watch and other wearables can play a role in reducing time or catpuring attention? Add your comments to the blog or reach me via email: R (at) ConstellationR (dot) com or R (at) SoftwareInsider (dot) org.
- Developing your digital business strategy
- Connecting with other pioneers
- Sharing best practices
- Vendor selection
- Implementation partner selection
- Providing contract negotiations and software licensing support
- Demystifying software licensing
- Event Report: Zuora’s #Subscribed15 Shows How Organizations Can Power Their Digital Transformation Initiatives May 31, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 5 From Disrupting Digital Business – Build For Insight Streams May 31, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 4 From Disrupting Digital Business – Know That Data Is The Foundation May 25, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 3 From Disrupting Digital Business – Sell The Smallest Unit You Can May 17, 2015
- Webinar Invite: Disrupting Digital Business – The Customer Experience Imperative May 16, 2015
- Quips: Networked Economy Models Emerge Should Verizon Gain Approval To Acquire AOL May 12, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 2 From Disrupting Digital Business – Keep Brand Promises In An Attention Economy May 10, 2015
- Research Summary: The Correct Way to Use Customer Data May 6, 2015
- Event Report: Insights Into The New NetSuite At SuiteWorld 2015 May 9, 2015
- Book Summary: Lesson 1 From Disrupting Digital Business May 3, 2015
- Personal Log: Read Chapter One of Disrupting Digital Business April 22, 2015
- Quips: The Long Tail On Intel’s Latest Earnings
- Event Report: Inside The Apple #SpringForward Event
- Event Report: Inside the #SXSW2015 Phenom – Meerkat
- Personal Log: Our Alliance With Digital Clarity Group
- Research Report: Enterprise Healthcare Management (EHM) – Healthcare Meets Analytics
- News Analysis: Rumors On Apple’s Foray Into Cars “Project Titan”
- News Analysis: Inside the First Industry-Specific Mobile Apps by the IBM MobileFirst for Apple iOS Partnership
- News Analysis: Going Deeper Into The Apple And IBM New Business Model Alliance
- Quips: Digital Transformation – Defining The Fundamental Elements For Digital CXOs
- Personal Log: Coming soon! Disrupting Digital Business – The Book
- News Analysis: Adobe EchoSign’s Electronic Signatures Goes 100% Mobile
- Monday’s Musings: Who Gets To Be A Chief Digital Officer?
- Monday’s Musings: The Seven Rules For Digital Business And Digital Transformation
- Tuesday’s Tip: Five Steps To Starting Your Digital Transformation Initiative
- Monday’s Musings: What Organizations Want From Mobile
- Research Summary: Economic Trends Exacerbate Digital Business Disruption And Digital Transformation (The Futurist Framework Part 3)
- Research Summary: Five Societal Shifts Showcase The Digital Divide Ahead (The Futurist Framework Part 2)
- Research Summary: Sneak Peaks From Constellation’s Futurist Framework And 2014 Outlook On Digital Disruption
- Research Report: Digital ARTISANs – The Seven Building Blocks Behind Building A Digital Business DNA
- Research Summary: Next Generation CIOs Aspire To Focus More On Innovation And The Chief Digital Officer Role
- Trends: [VIDEO] The Digital Business Disruption Ahead Preview – NASSCOM India Leadership Forum (#NASSCOM_ILF)
- News Analysis: New #IBMWatson Business Group Heralds The Commercialization Of Cognitive Computing. Ready For Augmented Humanity?
- Harvard Business Review: What a Big Data Business Model Looks Like
- Monday’s Musings: How The Five Consumer Tech Macro Pillars Influence Enterprise Software Innovation
- Tuesday’s Tip: Understand The Five Generation Of Digital Workers And Customers
- Monday’s Musings: The Chief Digital Officer In The Age Of Digital Business
- Slide Share: The CMO vs CIO – Pathways To Collaboration
- Event Report: CRM Evolution 2013 – Seven Trends In The Return To Digital Business And Customer Centricity
- News Analysis: Sitecore Acquires Commerce Server In Quest Towards Customer Experience Management
- News Analysis: Salesforce 1 Signals Support For Digital Business at #DF13
- Research Summary And Speaker Notes: The Identity Manifesto – Why Identity Is At The Heart of Digital Business
Reprints can be purchased through Constellation Research, Inc. To request official reprints in PDF format, please contact Sales .
Although we work closely with many mega software vendors, we want you to trust us. For the full disclosure policy,stay tuned for the full client list on the Constellation Research website.
* Not responsible for any factual errors or omissions. However, happy to correct any errors upon email receipt.
Copyright © 2001 -2015 R Wang and Insider Associates, LLC All rights reserved.
Contact the Sales team to purchase this report on a a la carte basis or join the Constellation Customer Experience